Because the rules are changing.
In these days of health care reform and cost containment, cross-training, consumer education and self-determination, and managed care, it isn’t enough just to be a good nurse. To be competitive, you’ve got to keep up – and keeping up with modern nursing means getting certified.
Certification can help you…
- expand your role in providing patient services
- earn more money
- advance in your career
- improve patient care
- find greater satisfaction with your job.
All indications are that health care reform and cost containment will mandate more direct patient care by nurse specialists. In the near future, nurse specialists may qualify to perform diagnostic procedures, practice independently, provide care reimbursed by third party payers and manage and follow up on patients. Hospitals and clinics will seek out nurse specialists in order to attract provider contracts. How will nurse specialists be identified? They will be certified nurses.
Why? Because certification…
- validates your qualifications and your advanced competence.
- demonstrates your professional aspirations and your desire to improve the quality of patient care and delivery of services.
- rewards your continuing efforts to improve your knowledge and skills in your profession.
- reflects your commitment in time, effort and expense to gastroenterology nursing.
- assures professional recognition from your peers and colleagues.
- will help you gain recognition for both your competence and your professionalism.
Don’t get left behind. Get certified.
For more information, visit www.abcgn.org